! You are browsing an archive website for Modelio 1.x. Click here to visit the official website for most recent versions of Modelio

Home Support Forum
Modelio
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
SoaML Forum is locked
(0 viewing) 
Discuss about SOA Modeling
Go to bottom
TOPIC: SoaML
rpstreef
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
SoaML 8 Years, 3 Months ago  
I've read that this module is based on the SoaML standard as specified by OGM. Which version of this standard? And how do the elements in Modelio SOA module correlate to this standard? There probably isn't an easy answer here, but ive looked over the SoaML OMG document ad/2008-08-04 and i can't seem to correlate the two.

The reason i ask this is because i'm doing my master thesis on an architecture evaluation of a pure SOA application (currently a running application). I intend to try and adhere to UML standards while documented views required for a proper architecture evaluation (ATAM procedure).

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

Thanx.

Logged Logged
  The topic has been locked.
andy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:SoaML 8 Years, 3 Months ago  
Dear Rpstreef,

SoaML is prototyped by our research team.
It is currently implemented in Objecteering CASE Tool, which is a predecesor of Modelio.
Please see rd.softeam.com

You can download and use the prototype with the Obejcteering Free Edition on your own risk.
Some updates for the GUI will be available on the R&D site this week.

Since the research is on going, plans on migrating to Modelio or making a commercial product out of the prototype are not established.

The SoaML specification work is not yet finished. This language is an alternative to the available Logical Architecture layer modelling as per Modelio SOA architect terminology.
In the future, it is possible that both Logical Architecture and SoaML will be available in Modelio.

For you master thesis, I would suggest you to look closer to the already available modelling concepts in Modelio EA-BPM and SOA Architects. These modelling concepts are actually much reacher than SoaML and covers better SOA modelling. You may also want to check the practical guides in http://www.modeliosoft.com/en/tutorials/...ractical-guides.html

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/04 15:04 By andy.
rpstreef
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
The current Modelio SOA module is based on the UML V2.2 specification (?!) if i'm not mistaken. That will suffice for now if the SoaML is still in an ongoing development phase.

Thanx for your input.

Logged Logged
andy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Hi again,

I've updated the R&D site, you may check the prototypes there.

See rd.softeam.com

Logged Logged
andy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:SoaML 6 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi,

The SoaML modules was migrated to Modelio. Our SoaML modules is based on the latest standard by the OMG (http://www.omg.org/spec/SoaML/)

It is currently available as an open source at http://modelio-open.sf.net and is fully compatible with Modelio Free.

You can use absolutelly free of charge.

A nice user's guide and an example are there in the package as well.

Logged Logged
Go to top